About Me

Copyright © 2006 Sean/ZChing Corp Unltd.
All rights reserved. All wrongs released.

Saturday, December 16, 2006

I went out today

The Kuching posts are interrupted to bring you this short post that I suddenly feel like writing.

Earlier today at PJ Hilton Hotel there was an education fair. Representatives from some Australia and UK universities were coming, one of them the University of Sydney. That’s why I decided to go. I didn’t know what I wanted to ask but I was sure I’d think of something. I didn’t want to go alone but now that everyone had gone back home it’s quite hard to find anyone to go with me. After pondering for awhile I decided to drag Pei Fei along. Rep from University of Queensland coming also. She said yes, and would even bring a friend along. According to her, her friend is very pretty J … but she’s a Punjabi. Too bad Nat’s not here.

So off I went this afternoon to Taman Jaya Putra station where I would meet Pei Fei and her friend at 3pm. When I reached KL it was still quite early so I went to Popular 1st. While I was happily reading Pei Fei suddenly messaged me and asked if I want to meet at Masjid Jamek station. I told her I’m already in Popular and she replied nvr mind. I told her it’s ok I can go to Masjid Jamek and she replied that she’s already on the Putra coz she’s scared she’d be late. Late? But she’s meeting me? I looked at the clock and OMG IT’S 2.45!!! And so I rushed.

As the train reached Tasik Jaya station I checked my handphone clock. 3 o’clock sharp. I couldn’t help but to marvel at my time management skill. Then I saw Pei Fei sitting on a bench alone. Turned out her friend ffk her, so only the two of us would be going today. Well, what to do. I just hope I wont be abducted by a green UFO tonight. But the last time I checked, the UFO landed in Kedah so I should be safe. For now.

We took a taxi to Hilton hotel. The driver charged (robbed) us RM3 for a ride that would take less than 5 minutes have we been on foot.

It took us a while to find the ballroom but we eventually did. It was quite small, but there were many ppl there. We looked around and couldn’t find any UQ representatives! I looked around and couldn’t find any Uni of Sydney reps either! What the heck! We asked a worker there and he said both UQ and Uni of Sydney couldn’t make it. Sigh… Came here for nothing. But the guy said we can try asking the counselor there if we have any questions. Since we’re there already, might as well lah.

The counselor is a she. She is quite fat and makes jokes then laugh very hard at them. And she didn’t know Intec, as did the taxi driver @ daylight robber just now. You can tell from the way they say “Intec? Ooohh…” But she’s a kind lady. She was really helpful and tried to tell us as much as she could about what we wanted to know. Pei Fei can take ferry to campus! Beside the counselor sat a young man, an engineering student from Monash who has just completed his 1st year and was there to tell people of the living condition in Australia. From him we learnt more. He said he doesn’t know about the weather in Sydney, but since it’s not that far from Melbourne the climate should almost be the same. Summer in Sydney and Melbourne are definitely hotter than the weather here, but according to him we’ll be there during colder times (due to summer holiday I guess). The coldest it gets in Melbourne is about 3 Celcius, but thats in winter mornings. Wearing a cardigan over a normal shirt should be sufficient. He also didn’t encourage us to open an account with international banks as they will charge us everytime we withdraw money from the ATM. He said we can open accounts with local Australian banks and money can be transferred from the bank here, no problem. The fee for transaction is quite small. Personally, he’s using the services of Commonwealth Bank and Westpac Bank.

We were out of there in less than 20 minutes. Just so that this trip wont be such a big disappointment, we agreed to go to Amcorp Mall. Walking around aimlessly, we saw the cinema and, guess what, Eragon was showing!! It was 4.20pm, we bought 6pm tickets and walked around (aimlessly) again.

Pei Fei is a bit abnormal when it comes to shopping. She doesn’t check out clothes, she doesn’t check out accessories, she doesn’t check out books, she doesn’t check out techno stuff and she doesn’t check out games. She did check out CD’s though. It feels more like she was accompanying me shopping. I wonder how my sister can not feel guilty when I have to follow her here and there when we went shopping.

We had dinner at Kenny Rogers and off to the cinema we went. As we stepped inside the commercials just ended and the movie was just going to start. “Wah so punctual!” Pei Fei exclaimed but she didn’t know my time management skill played a big part in this. Somehow.

Movie review: It wasn’t as bad as I expected after watching the trailer, maybe because I could hear Pei Fei enjoying it. True, the lead actor still look very yong sui, but the dragon wasn’t as thin as she looked in the trailer. I couldn’t say that it was excellent, but it’s above average. Not many pros, but quite a lot of cons. As you might’ve already seen from the trailer, King Galbatorix showed his face. Murtagh’s scar was very small. Saphira didn’t grow big gradually; she flew into the clouds the first time she learnt to fly and Puff! Puff! Puff! she magically turned big and can suddenly speak English. Arya doesn’t have pointed ears and Pei Fei didn’t even know Arya’s an elf until I told her (for those of you that haven’t read the book but going to watch the movie, Arya is an elf). The Urgals don’t have horns, they’re just normal humans. Well, barbaric normal humans with painting on their faces. There’s no mention of mind-reading. Roran’s girlfriend doesn’t even exist. Ok, now I’m not so sure that it’s not bad anymore. I can understand that certain parts of the book being excluded when the story is filmed, but not making Arya’s ears pointed is inexplicable. And he movie ends in less than 2 hours! It’s not like they have not enough time, why do they need to exclude so much? They could have made it 3 hours and put in so much more. Having said that, I’m sure you’ll find the movie better than the trailer implies.

Today turns out to be fun after all. After the movie we went back and I wrote this.

Note from author: The Kuching posts will resume in about a week’s time as I’m going to my auntie’s house. Therefore, I will not be blogging unless there’s something important to blog about, like my exam result or my Bday. Which is why u should wish me happy bday by sms n not through my blog :-)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy birthday in advance :P

nh said...

*nods nods*

It's really fun window-shopping with Peifei..am missing it already.

Anonymous said...

hehe...even though i may not seem to be interested in sth, doesnt mean i'm not interested in it lo...it depends on who i'm with at that particular time as well...

nh,do u really mean it or you're just being sarcastic? =p

*peifei*

Anonymous said...

oh yeah, i noe it's not really important but just wanna let u noe that my name is actually joined together...so it shud be Peifei and not Pei Fei...=p

syyeam said...

Pei Fei..ur comment really made me laugh =p

nh said...

Hey Peifei, you know I mean it when I say I like shopping with you. I've even bolded the word "really". Oh, or is it because of the bolded word that you think I'm being sarcastic? Hahah..