About Me

Copyright © 2006 Sean/ZChing Corp Unltd.
All rights reserved. All wrongs released.

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

1st Day in Kuching

WARNING : This post of my trip to Kuching and those to follow are mainly meant for me to record my memories in words so that I can read back about them in the future, so I may just put down the facts here rather than tell the story. It may be quite boring. Read if you want, skip at will.

On the 28th of November, I departed to Kuching for a week long holiday there. The flight being at 4pm, I thought that I’d have plenty of time to get ready. And so I procrastinated, leaving all the packing to be done on the day itself. Not that I had much things to pack anyway. I already cleared all my stuff in cemara and only brought my luggage for the Sarawak trip, my clothes for Ausmat Grand Dinner and my bed sheet and blanket to spend the night in the room. Without all our stuff, the room felt so empty.

Oh, about having lots of time to pack, I was soooooooooooooo wrong. In the morning we had to do our room clearance. I had to go to Intec at 9am, go to room V108, go to library to clear my debt and go back to V108. Then back to Cemara, reached at around 11.

12pm, Chean Yeaw’s supposedly ‘surprise’ b’day party in McD (planned by Chia Ling). Nice way to mark the last meal in Seksyen 18 McD. I think I’ll miss the place very much coz I have so much memory there.

Chean Yeaw with his bday present - a cute Barney doll

1+pm, went back to cemara and continue packing. Taxi was gonna arrive at 2, so I had to rush like mad. By that time my excitement almost couldn’t be contained any longer. Even the thought of flying together in such a large group is exciting enough. The 4.30pm-flight batch consisted of Nat, Yeam, Yoke Heng, Jia Huei, Christine, Wen Jun, Chao Wang, Doreen, Michelle, Josephine, Pei Fei, Pui Ting (who will be meeting us at the airport) and myself. We thought that 3 taxis were enough for 12 ppl, but we 4got to take into account the Kuching ppl’s luggage. So, I ended up hugging Michelle’s huge luggage bag all the way to LCCT, which stands for LCC-Terminal. What d hell’s LCC then? I have no idea.

We were supposed to check in 2 hours before departure so we were considered a bit late when we reach b4 3pm. But typical, flight was delayed. After checking in we have a great time wasting time until boarding time. I was wheeled around in one of those luggage trolleys by Christine while ppl around us gave me weird looks. Some of us visited the toilet, some took pics and some went to a shop there. Chocolate filled half the shop.

At 5-something we boarded the plane. Before 8 we reached Kuching. There’s not much to write about what happened on the plane coz I was sleeping most of the time. Due to lack of books to read. Ah now I remember something worth writing. The view of Kuching + Sarawak River from the air was breathtaking.

On the plane

Sarawak River

After claiming our luggage, we need to pass the immigration counter. Here we were each given a piece of paper with our details on it that we have to sign. Then the immigration officer let us keep the paper.

Immigration counter

Next, our procession of 13 ppl moved towards the arrival hall, where Amanda, Boon, Chao Tung, Terrence, (Roger?) Michelle’s parents and Amanda’s father were waiting for us. Chao Tung, Terrence, Yee Hong, Nooi Hoay, Yi Chiann, Yijia and Sarah already arrived earlier. So that sums up to (*counts*) 18 of us holidaying in Kuching now. From here, we separated. Boon and Amanda’s dad drove Terrence, Chao Tung, Nat, Yeam, Yoke Heng and myself to Amanda’s humble abode while the others went back to Michelle’s house. These shall be our ‘hotel’ for the next week. Free of charge :P

On the way to Amanda’s house, I got a brief geography lesson from Boon. Kuching is divided into areas called miles. The 1st, 2nd, 3rd miles are town area. The bigger the number of a mile, the farther away from town area it is. Amanda’s house is located in Kota Samarahan, 12th mile. From the airport in 8th mile, the ride took less than 10 minutes.

She lives in a neighbourhood in Kuching with a lot of anjing. She has one herself called Doggie. Her house is a single storey terrace, and her family has 4 cars. A Wira, a Waja, a Kembara and 1 more I cant remember what.

Interacting with Doggie

Amanda’s family consists of Amanda’s daddy, Amanda’s mommy, Amanda’s younger brother (Aaron) and Amanda. A very very kind family that made our stay there so much more enjoyable. Her brother isn’t those shy small brothers that you often meet when you go to your friends’ house. He’s super friendly and super talkative. A very nice guy. Their father works in a bank and their mother gave up a job in the bank to teach kindergarden.

So after having dinner Boon, Chao Tung and Terrence went back to Boon’s house. The rest of us rest and then slept.

To be continued…

5 comments:

nh said...

Yay, I'm the first to comment.

I can't agree more about having lotsa memories in McD. You know when we went back to Cemara/Akasia from Kuching and the cab passed by McD, all the birthday celebrations and post-exam celebrations memories resurfaced. I'm so gonna miss that place. Maybe some day we can go back there just to have a meal together once more.

And hah, I think my group reached Kuching later than you guys, not earlier. And since we took night flight to and fro, we didn't get to admire the scenery much. But well, it's suffice to just admire from the picture you took of Sarawak river. It's really nice. Hah.

By the way, LCC = Low Cost Carrier.. ;p

Looking forward to the continuation of your post..you know what, your post is not boring at all..hah.

Amanda Chan said...

Haha, you've finally updated! Yipee~ =p

Sean said...

yeah we really should return there 1 day.

Sorry for the long absence. Getting very lazy nowadays. Holiday mood mah...

Anonymous said...

oh the other car is nissan sunny.
wa lau..really detailed leh ur description. can fight with sister, sze huey d =p

syyeam

Sean said...

Sze Huey u saw that? ppl trying to make us fight each other