About Me

Copyright © 2006 Sean/ZChing Corp Unltd.
All rights reserved. All wrongs released.

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Unputdownable

At the start of the sem when i was still very free and have nothing to do, I asked my housemate if she has any good storybooks that i can borrow. She lent me a fantasy trilogy by Robin Hobb caled the "Farseer Trilogy". It's about this bastard (look, bastard isn't really a foul word. It means anak luar nikah. I only knew that when i read the first book. It uses the word bastard extensively) to the Prince of some imaginary land with magic and stuff. I didnt really get to read the book coz settling down took more of my time than i have imagined.

A few days ago I started reading it properly, not for lack of better things to do but bcoz I have a lot of major assignments to do and books to study, and thinking of them depressed me so i seek refuge in a storybook i wasnt even interested in reading (perhaps bcoz of its title. Assassin's Apprentice doesnt sound very appealing to me). I read a few chapters and it gripped me, making me stop myself from putting it down when i wanted to. I spent all my free time for two whole days reading it, and i tried to prolong my free time by skipping lectures, sleeping less and not doing work. I couldnt believe how good the book is. I highly recommend the trilogy. Well, the 1st book anyway. Im just starting the 2nd one.

The Farseer Trilogy
Author : Robin Hobb
Books : Assassin's Apprentice , Royal Assassin and Assassin's Quest
Rating : 20/10
Reason : Bcoz it's good la.

And if u dont like it after reading it, its bcoz u have no taste.

2 comments:

nh said...

You like fantasy eh?

Sean said...

u have good taste =)