About Me

Copyright © 2006 Sean/ZChing Corp Unltd.
All rights reserved. All wrongs released.

Monday, September 04, 2006

BEE ATTACK !!!!!!!!

On my way back to the hostel from Ampang on Sunday night (around 9:50 pm) I received an sms from Yee Hong : “R u still at home? Bring insecticide. We’ve a bee attack!”

OMG!! A bee attack in the room now! I immediately asked my dad to drive slower. Then I replied: ”I’m on my way back d”

His reply: “Careful when coming in.”
Me: “Switch off all d light n open all doors n windows. D bees will fly out 2 d light”
Yee Hong: “We know that. But the bees from outside will fly in. Its ok just let them be they’ll fly to the fan and kill themselves.”

Still, that would take a long time. The best option would be to terminate them ourselves. Considering that all the shops would be closed by the time I reach Shah Alam, I sent SOS messages to my friends asking if they have insecticides. Their replies:

Wen Jun: “Use badminton racket 2 hit la. I killed 6 ad..”
Me: “Heart pain le…”
Wen Jun: “Den don kill lo.. Leave them to sting u lo.. I’ve killed 3 more btw. Jus use news paper n whack la.”

Qamarus: “I’m sorry but I don’t. Bee attack eh?”
Me: “Yeah u kena also?”
Qamarus: “X but my friends kene la. Buy insecticides 1st”

Jia Huei: “Siao..U think i sell products ar?I dun Hv la..I got ant med oni..”

Shuang Xiu: “We dun hav. Jia huei also dun hav”

Christine Wong: “Wic type do u want?”

Chien Yen: “We have a small bottle. Why?”
Me: “Our room is being attacked by bees! Can borrow?but after we use dunno if there’ll be any left”
Chien Yen: “Wa.. Other rooms they don’t hv? Cos i so far away.. I hv to ask chia ling 1st. She’s in starbucks.”

And finally…

Chao Tung: “Got, yes, i know, the mosquitoes are here in tonight in full blast. I may be out, come to merlin’s room, i have.”

Merlin: “Ya.. Boon has.. You wanna borrow is it?”

At last!

*************************************

Upon arrival I found numerous dead bees on the stairs. I opened the door cautiously and as I predicted all my roommates were hiding in the room. A lot of bees are lying dead on the ground (no doubt due to the fan) but a couple are still flying around the light in the living room and around six more in the kitchen. I put down my stuff and went to Merlin’s room to take the insecticide.
‘Are you sure this will kill the bees? Kill ants can la. Maybe if you spray the bees will get aggravate,’ said Merlin.
I looked at him in horror as the thought occurred to me. But I still decided to give it a try.
With the insecticide in my hand, I ran back to the room. My roommates (Yee Hong and Nat, Yeam is out) hid in their rooms while I approached the bees with cautious steps and sprayed those bastards with the powerful insecticide. Then, I quickly retreated a few steps in case Merlin’s theory is correct. They did seem to be slightly excited by the liquid but after flying for a while they fell to the ground one by one. Fearing that they were only lying unconscious and not dead I took one of Yee Hong’s revolutionary pirated croc slippers and hit each of them to make sure they die. One of them had its sting stuck to the underneath of the sandal but still connected to its body by a string of thick, sticky liquid. It took me quite a while to break the string of liquid without having to make skin contact. The sting is still stuck to the underside of Yee Hong’s slipper, but he doesn’t have to know that.

The bees have been exterminated. Mission accomplished.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a mission!
fooh!! salute!!
can imagine you approaching the bees with the insecticide :p

Anonymous said...

now yeehong knows!!!

Amanda Chan said...

Yeah, now Yee Hong knows! You should have kept it a secret (I'm teaching you bad things here) =p
And you're now officially a bee murderer! But it's okay coz if you don't murder them, they'll murder you xp